An automobile or car mechanic is a person who looks after the maintenance of a car and repairs any kind of damage that hampers the normal functioning of the car. The job duties or responsibilities of an automobile mechanic are as follows:
- They inspect the issues related to the engine of a car.
- They investigate the mechanical and electrical components of the vehicle to find out the actual issues which result in the malfunctioning of the vehicle.
- They carry out an inspection of the automatic computerized and electronic system of the vehicle to carry out the repair, maintenance, and up-gradation of the automobile.
- They conduct frequent and routine maintenance work of a vehicle in order to increase its shelf life and enhance working potential.
They diagnose troubleshooting issues of an automobile and aim at fixing them.
Features of A Car Mechanic:
Although anyone can be a car or automobile mechanic nowadays, with the right kind of skills and expertise only a true mechanic will have certain inherent qualities that set him apart from others. Some of them are discussed below:
- A good mechanic is someone who must possess a good eye to hand coordination.
- They should have a good knowledge of manual dexterity
- They must be well acquainted with the complicated electrical and mechanical systems of vehicles
- They should be good observers and must possess great problem-fixing abilities.
- They must endow good communication skills to explain the problems to their customers and provide them with appropriate advice.
- They should be well-built, have a good physique and have a lot of energy and stamina to carry out the repair and maintenance work of cars on a regular basis.
- They should be strong enough to handle and operate tools and heavy equipment such as pliers, lifts, and cranes.
Responsibilities of A Car Mechanic:
A car mechanic has the following responsibilities which he needs to accomplish in his daily life:
- They need to look after the proper maintenance of the vehicles like replacing fluids or using coolants in the engines, lubricating the parts which undergo friction, changing of tyres etc.
- They need to schedule the next maintenance sessions depending on the condition of the vehicle and give proper advice to motorists about the proper maintenance of their vehicles
- They look for early signs of damage and leakages in the car which can lead to serious accidents
- They check the pollution of the car which can save the car from any inbuilt damage
- They fix any broken or damaged parts in the vehicle like a broken wheel or a damaged gear etc
- They give an approximate estimate of the maintenance of a vehicle, and advice the owners to carry out regular maintenance of their automobiles.
- They look after the conditions of the equipment and tools and henceforth keep them in good condition.
- They should be ever-willing to look after the safety precautions of the automobile and give them protection against accidents, inflammable fluids, harmful and poisonous chemicals etc.
Thus, if you notice the early signs of dysfunction or damage in your vehicles, you should not ignore them at all. Instead, should contact a car mechanic at the earliest to fix futures problems. Issues related to a vehicle, if left unattended can lead to serious and severe consequences. It can also lead to major accidents and other irreparable loss which could be avoided if taken care of at the right time.