Essential Car Maintenance
1) How to check transmission fluid:
- Start your vehicle and leave it running. make sure the automobile is in park with the hand brake on.
- Lift the hood and take away the transmission fluid gage. (You’ll notice it close to the firewall at the rear of the engine.)
- Using a rag, wipe down the gage and replace it.
- Remove the transmission fluid gage once more, and check the amount against the markings. It it reads low, see a & transmission specialist immediately.
- Inspect the color of the transmission fluid, that ought to be clear and pink. Dark transmission fluid could be a sign you’re due for a transmission fluid amendment.
- Note: Not all vehicles have a transmission gage. In these cases, your transmission fluid can need to be checked by an automotive skilled.
2) How to check brake fluid:
- Your vehicle’s owner’s manual can indicate however typically it’s necessary to ascertain brake fluid. (It’s typically suggested you check brake fluid once a year.)
- Locate the brake fluid reservoir. (It’s sometimes tagged, and might be found on prime of the engine.)
- Note: In some older vehicles, the brake fluid will solely be checked within the master cylinder—a lidded metal box.
- Before removing the brake fluid reservoir cap, use Associate in Nursing approved aerosol cleaner to get rid of any particles of dirt round the cap. (Contaminating the fluid with particulate may lead to pricey harm.)
- Remove the cap and check the brake fluid level on the gauge connected to the cap’s face. If the gauge indicates the amount is low, have your vehicle repaired by Associate in Nursing automotive skilled as before long as doable.
3) How to check coolant:
- Your vehicle’s owner’s manual can indicate however usually it’s necessary to visualize agent. (It’s typically suggested you check agent each fifty,000 kilometres or each 2 years.)
- Locate the agent reservoir. The facet of the reservoir is marked to point the extent of agent within. If the extent reads low, add additional of the acceptable agent combine, or have your vehicle serviceable by an & automotive skilled.
- Note: continually enable a hot engine to chill for fifteen to twenty minutes before trying to open the cap.
4) How to check battery fluid level:
- You can expect most car batteries to last between 3 and 5 years, however you’ll extend that life even additional with proper maintenance, as well as often checking the battery fluid level.
Locate your automotive battery’s condition indicator on the highest of the battery. the color well-lighted within the indicator window are often browse as follows:
- Green/blue: Good
- Red: Add distilled water
- White: Battery desires charging (Note: Your vehicle’s owner’s manual can have a lot of info on how to determine a battery’s condition.) If the indicator reads red (“Add distilled water”), pour water into the battery a little at a time till the extent reaches the highest of the battery grids. don’t use filtered or H2O. don’t fill up.
- Note: It’s not perpetually attainable to feature water, as some “maintenance-free” batteries area unit sealed.
5. How to check the oil
Click here for professional tips about a way to Check the Oil in Your automotive
For additional nice tips about a way to maintain your automotive and to seek out the elements you wish, visit NAPA North American nation.