You can have the most deluxe wheels, but of course, it won’t matter at all in a case when the car’s headlights aren’t working properly. However, headlights are very important for your car just like other parts of the car, though, headlights provide you with both safety and overall brightness to view things on the street clearly, even at the darkest points as well.
That’s why you need to make sure to have tip-top shape headlights for better viewing. Fortunately, many people are asking how to change car headlights? So here we are with the painless process of changing the car’s headlights just as easy.
Pick up Important Tools:
The first main step for changing the headlights, you need to gather as possible as important tools. Though such tools are very easy to achieve. However, you need to pick up such tools to include:
- First of all, buy the pair of new bulbs for the headlights (always make sure to get the right ones that match your vehicle as well).
- Next, you will need to have Alcohol wipes and some tissues (with the help of such items, you will be able to clean and hold the new bulbs easily).
- And, your last item would be a pair of pliers, or you can take help with screwdrivers as well.
So, these are those necessary tools that you need to have to change car headlights easily and on your own. Although, if you aren’t sure about the tools, then you can also ask to the owner’s manual as well.
Check Out the Location of the Bulb Holder:
- So, basically, you need first to turn off the car and park it inside the area, which would be convenient for your work. Then you need to begin your process of change car headlights right away.
- With the help of the engine compartment, you can easily get access to the headlight bulb. Because, the headlights are attached to the front area, so in that case, the new bulb holder or the bulb can’t be able to further reach in that way.
- So, to locate the bulb holder, you need to pop up your car’s hood and check out for the headlight’s back on your own. And you will be able to find the bulb holder easily.
- When you find the holder, look at it with concentration, how it looks like? Well, normally in cars, the holder actually packed with three wires that are all coming out a plug. Whereas, the shape of the plug is more looking like a trapezoid.
- Once you reach the area where the bulb holder is located, you will be getting assured that you are doing all good. And that’s how you will understand how to change car headlights.
Bring Out the Wiring Gear:
- As we already mentioned above that the holder is packed with three wires that are all connected to the plug, and the plug is placed at the headlight’s base.
- However, here you may need to know that the main connecting tissue that is actually holding the plugin its place appears in the look of a metal clip.
- Although, it may also come in the form of plastic catch, and as well as in a screw cap. The actual process of bringing out the wiring gear will be dependent on which of these you are going to deal with.
- If it’s a metal clip, you just go with the pull-up and away, that’s it. And by doing this, you will get the plugin your hands easily.
- Though, if it’s a plastic cup, the process may become a little bit difficult. Thus, you need to be able enough to reach further the small lever pointing at the plug’s top. And then, you need to simply give a press down to the point with the help of your thumb, and simultaneously pulling it.
- However, you need to make sure to do this process with all firmness and gentleness. And, now, the last step would be to unscrew the plug. To perform this, you need just to turn it anti-clockwise.
Remove the Old Bulb of the Headlights:
- To make your new bulbs working properly in a new way, you need to take away further the old bulbs first. As you already cut-off the wiring of the holder, this removing old bulb step should be practical.
- Now, removing the old bulb process is all easy, you just need to get the bulb out while holding onto its base.
- It’s actually important to know that some rotating or even wiggling can happen during the time of getting out the old bulb, so do it if you need to.
- Always make sure to practice this step very gently, you need to put force or pressure while getting the old bulb out.
Place the New Bulbs:
- Remember, we recommend you bring out some wipes and tissues at the beginning of the article? So here is the step of using these now. However, try to avoid touching new bulbs directly with your hands. That’s why you need to hold them through alcohol wipes or tissues.
- There is always a reason behind any cautions, and to never hold new headlight bulbs with your hands will also giving you a major cause, which is ” your skin oil can cause the bulb to burn at the moment when the headlight is going to turn on.”
- So, that’s why you need to make sure to hold the bulbs with wipes or tissues, but not with your bare hands. Now, to fix the new bulbs, hold down the bulb to the end of the base where you can see the plug is located.
- Then, simply put it inside the headlight’s rear side and check it properly that it is entered to the side completely.
Testing Out your New Headlights Right Away:
So, now after changing the bulb of your headlights, you need to first check them out immediately. When you have done with all the above steps, take a minute and turn on the headlights to check if they are working properly or not.
However, you need to be sure that the headlights bring out more brightness and shine so that you can avoid any type of incidents or other bad activities as well.
So, that’s how you can change car headlights while using our techniques mentioned above and important tools. Headlights are the most important part of any vehicle, if they aren’t working properly, you need to take action right away…